We request payment for our services at the time you drop off your clothing. Your payment is essentially your authorization to work on your clothes.
Adjustments to Completed Alterations
We suggest that everyone take a moment to try on their clothing items prior to leaving our shop, to ensure that you are satisfied with the alterations. If any of our work needs adjusted, this will be the time to let us know so we can make adjustments. We will gladly take care of those adjustments for you!
If you are unable to try on the garments at the time of pick up, we suggest you do so as soon as possible on your own. If there is any adjustments that need made, call us or come back in immediately. After 5 business days (Mon-Sat) we cannot make adjustments to previously completed alterations without charging another service charge.
Ironing & Pressing Services
After alterations are complete, we often have to steam or press the altered area and stitching to get it to lay properly. This is typical of alterations but this is the only type of ironing or pressing we will do with your garment. Unfortunately at this time we DO NOT offer ironing, creasing, or other pressing services for your garments; although we plan to in the future. If your items need pressed or creased, you will need to take them to a local cleaners for those services. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We do offer rush alterations including same day, next day, and two day service.
A few things to keep in mind about rush jobs:
- These are strictly subject to availability. Our workload changes on a daily & sometimes hourly basis. For example, if we advise you over the phone/email/text/social media that we can take on a rush alteration, and the item is brought to us hours later that evening, there is a chance that we no longer have the availability to complete your rush job in the time that you need it. Rush alterations are very fluid and can change instantly.
- All rush jobs are subject to a rush fee, no exceptions. The fee varies according to what alteration you need done and how soon it needs to be completed.
- Any item requested back sooner than our normal turn around time, will incur a rush fee. The timelines listed below will trigger a rush fee:
-- Wedding gowns: 30 days or less
-- Bridesmaid dresses: 15 days or less
-- Prom dresses: 15 days or less
-- All other alterations (except custom work): Less than 7 days
We strive for your complete happiness!
If you are not happy with your alteration, let us know immediately and we will make it right! We believe with an approach such as that, a refund should not be necessary. :)
However, in the instance that we have not started work on your clothing we will honor a refund up to 5 business days (Mon-Sat) from the date the clothes were dropped off to us. For any clothing that we have already begun alterations on, unfortunately we cannot offer a refund.
Refunds will be paid out in the same manner in which the alterations were paid for initially (card or cash). Refunds to credit/debit cards can take up to 14 calendar days to credit back to your account.
Formal Gowns (Wedding, Bridesmaid, Prom, etc)
If a refund is requested for a formal gown/dress, and it meets the above criteria, a fitting fee will be deducted from the amount refunded to the client.
The fee will be as follows:
--- Wedding gowns: $50
--- Bridesmaid dresses: $25
--- Prom dresses: $25
If a refund is requested for a rush alteration, and it meets the above criteria, the rush fee charged is not refundable and will be deducted from the refunded amount. All other charges paid above and beyond the rush fee are eligible to be refunded.
For Formal Gowns that were a rush job, the rush fee will be refunded, but not the fitting fee listed above.
MASK POLICY (Updated 5/12/20)
Below is our policy regarding masks/face coverings:
- MASK REQUIRED - If you need to be fit or measured by the seamstress/tailor, a mask will be required. Since there is no way to safely Social Distance when being fit, we want to make sure everyone involved is protected. Additionally, if you bring anyone with you who wants to witness your fitting (i.e. Brides with family members, friends, etc.), they would also need to wear a mask.
- MASK NOT REQUIRED - If you are only dropping an item off and do not need fitted by the seamstress/tailor; or you are simply picking up an item, a mask is not required.
If you are unsure if you need to be fit or measured by the seamstress/tailor; we would suggest wearing or bringing a mask just in case.
All of our staff will be wearing masks, and the seamstress/tailor will also wear gloves when fitting you.
As always we appreciate your help in stopping the spread of COVID-19!